Wednesday 23 January 2013

Special Days: National Handwriting Day 2013


Writers often have a favourite pen. These days it is possible to purchase a poetic pen.

Thanks to Sarah James, I discovered that today is National Handwriting Day, so I am posting a sample from my childhood poem, Koala Bear, which I read out recently (along with more contemporary work from The Holy Place) on the Friday Breakfast Show on Ipswich Community Radio.

John Hancock, the first person to sign the American Declaration of Independence, was born on 23 January 1737. A year ago almost to the day, David and I found ourselves in Philadelphia in the historic area around the Independence Center and the Liberty Bell (and if it looks cold, it was ... bitter!).





1 comment:

Crafty Green Poet said...

How nice to see a sample of your childhood writing!

I think handwriting is becoming a bit of a lost art, sadly...