Thursday 7 March 2013

World Book Day 2013



Happy World Book Day 2013!


How will you be marking it, I wonder? 

I shall be at the Ipswich Writing Workshop at Gainsborough Community Library. I will then attend a poetry evening with “Managing a Masterpiece” Poet in Residence, Dean Parkin in Gainsborough House, Sudbury. Dean will be reading from his new collection, inspired by the artistic history of the Stour Valley. The event will include the announcement of winners of a County-wide Poetry competition for adults and young people, now published in a new book, Poems of the Stour.

And ... in case it is of interest, I am currently reading Testament of Youth by Vera Brittain (memoir) and Pepys by Caroline Gilfillan (poetry).


  “I kept always two books in my pocket, 
one to read, one to write in.” 

Robert Louis Stevenson

2 comments:

Crafty Green Poet said...

I taught a class in my short story writing course that I'm teaching. It's an inspiring class, so many excellent writers, who bring excellent stories along to each class.

Catharine Howard's Garden Blog said...

Thank you for commenting on my blog. As to pole, round table discussion in the kitchen = some reference to skiing in the cross country manner?