Tuesday 8 March 2011

Calendar Corner (11): Shrove Tuesday Pancakes

These are a couple I ate earlier ...

I hope some of you will have been enjoying your Shrove Tuesday pancakes. I came across this blog devoted to pancakes. I see the folk in Glendale, CA, got in early on 1 March, but most of us have been enjoying our pancakes today, before Ash Wednesday and the start of Lent tomorrow. I also note that the NY CityCoach team have been running a Pancake Haiku contest. My favourite pancake poem, however, must be 'The Solitary Spatuloon' by Jack Prelutsky. You can read it here (you will need to scroll down once you have clicked the link).

On a more serious Lenten note, Bishop James Jones has been advocating a scheme called the 'Carbon Fast'. He was promoting it on BBC 'Songs of Praise', and you can find out more here.

No comments: