Monday 7 June 2010

Poetry Events (3): The Seventh Quarry at 5 Cwmdonkin Drive

No.5 Cwmdonkin Drive, Swansea - at dusk


Dr Tino Villanueva
signs his books
after the reading in 5 Cwmdonkin Drive, Swansea,
home of Dylan Thomas.
June 2010

Last Friday evening, I was invited an event hosted by Peter Thabit Jones, editor of The Seventh Quarry in the fascinating home of Dylan Thomas, no.5 Cwmdonkin Drive, Swansea.

Dr Tino Villanueva read a number of his poems in English and Spanish. Some poems were in both English and Spanish. Tino spoke of his fascination for words, and of his love for Dylan's poetry. Tino, who is on the staff of Boston University, is seen as 'a Chicano poet of bicultural word and history.'

I was invited to read my poem, 'Migration Mirage', which appears on p.49 of The Seventh Quarry, issue 11, Winter 2010.




1 comment:

Rinkly Rimes said...

I chanced upon your blog and thought what a fascinating life you lead. You're obviously steeped in poetry. I'm not very erudite but I love the lilt of Thomas' poetry.