Thursday 27 August 2009

Published Poetry (2): The Dawntreader

I blogged about Edward Thomas the other day as part of a challenge set by The Weaver of Grass to write a post about a favourite book. In the course of this post, I mentioned a prose piece I had co-authored with my husband, David, some time ago, published in OUP's 'Notes & Queries' about the poem 'Swedes'. Thomas likens the opening of the swede clamp to the discovery of an Egyptian tomb. He alludes to tomb robbers, and to the array of glittering treasure.

How curious that I should open this morning's post to find my poem, 'Gold', about tombaroli in the Etruscan tombs of Italy, in the latest edition of The Dawntreader, published by Ronnie Goodyer and Dawn Bauling of Indigo Dreams Press.

2 comments:

poefusion said...

congrats on your publication. have a great day.

Susan Richardson said...

Hello Caroline - just dropping by to give you the Kreativ Blogger Award! The 'rules' of the award can be found on my blog. I hugely enjoy reading your posts so wanted to pass the award on to you.