Friday 14 August 2009

Conservation Corner (1): Wild Flower Garden




My River of Wild Flowers

Back on 1 January 2009 I blogged about my New Year Resolution to have my own small river of wild flowers in my garden. My 'river' is more like a tiny trickle; but due to the cold weather, the rain and the slugs, my crop has not been as prolific as it might have been. Nonetheless the survivors have brought some lovely colours to my garden and have provided food for insect life. I would hope to plant a similar crop again next year, but wonder how I can stop the slugs without resorting to unorganic means.

We now have a Wild Flower Centre on Gower: I shall have to go exploring...

4 comments:

Mistlethrush said...

I think many wild flowers are just as beautiful as garden flowers in a sublte kind of way. Scabious is favourite of mine - don't know why but when it comes to flowers I'm a sucker for mauve, violet, lilac anything at the end of the spectrum

Caroline Gill said...

And I love blue, Mistlethrush, off-set by buttercup gold!

steven said...

beautiful caroline! stunning blue!! i've been a fan of wildflowers, weeds for as long as i've appreciated cultivated flowers. they're just different iterations of something lovely and magic regardless of their purpose!!! have a lovely evening. steven

Crafty Green Poet said...

beautiful splashes of colour with these flowers, I love wildflowers in a garden...