Tuesday 28 July 2009

Poetic People (19): Aeronwy Thomas-Ellis

The Boathouse, Laugharne
Photo: David Gill

I have just heard the sad news of the death of Dylan's daughter, Aeronwy Thomas-Ellis. She was an inspiring poet and tutor in her own right, and a marvellous advocate for her father's work. I was privileged to attend one of Aeronwy's poetry workshops in Laugharne a year ago: it is a memory that will stay with me for a long time. My thoughts and condolences go out to the family.

Tributes

3 comments:

poefusion said...

This is sad news. My heart goes out to the family too.

Mistlethrush said...

Very sad indeed. I'm glad you got to meet her - it sounds like she was a very inspiring person.

Arija said...

Thank you for your visit, it is so nice to meet someone who loves two places dear to me as well. Both Wales and Cornwall have taken up permanent residence in my heart. I have been to both and read so many books set on the Cornish coast. I feel at home in so many places in this beautiful world or ours.
I note you name the Narnia stories among your favourites, they are among mine too.