Friday 20 July 2012

Competition Corner (5): Metverse Muse ~ Best Fixed Form Poet, 2011, Category A

KIlt Rock, Isle of Skye. Can you see the tartan plaid (well, almost)?

I received a copy of the international poetry journal, Metverse Muse (ed. Dr. H. Tulsi), through the post today from Visakhapatnam in India. I had entered the annual competition a year ago, and was delighted to hear that the combined scores for my two fixed-form poems had won me the title of Metverse Muse 'Best Fixed Form Poet of the Year' in Category A for 2011.


My thanks to the panel of judges. One of my poems, a Terzanelle (a form devised by Professor Lewis Turco, author of The Book of Forms) is about Kilt Rock, a favourite haunt on the Isle of Skye.  

2 comments:

Crafty Green Poet said...

Congratulations!

Marc Latham said...

Congratulations Caroline, well deserved I'm sure, Marc.