Wednesday 17 December 2008

Barlow's birds

A Christmas stocking idea!

Snapshot Press publish an annual Haiku calendar. If you would like to order one before Christmas, there are only two more days to go!

Wing Beats: British Birds in Haiku can also be ordered from Snapshot Press. The book was written and compiled by John Barlow and Matthew Paul. Sean Gray was responsible for the illustrations and Stephen Moss wrote the foreword. Twitchers will find themselves ticking off 131 species if they hurry to enjoy a Haiku breath of fresh air.

4 comments:

Susan Richardson said...

I've been dipping into 'Wing Beats' for the past couple of months. Enjoying it so much. It's one of those anthologies I'll return to again and again.

Mistlethrush said...

Another for my 'to buy' list?

Caroline Gill said...

My copy has just arrived ... a gift to myself, perhaps!

Area 17 said...

It's a brilliant anthology! ;-)

I had the pleasure of helping to launch the book at the Royal Festival Hall, as well as the Poetry Café in Betterton Street.

Every haiku has been written from an actual experience.

Alan
Bath Japanese Festival, May 2010:
events blog
.