|2014: Dylan Thomas 100|
Poetry and Literary Events attended
- The Poetry School and Scott Polar Research Institute's 3xSaturday residency poetry course in Cambridge (and launch of course eBook at The Tea House Theatre, Vauxhall Pleasure Gardens, London).
- 'Singing in my Chains', a Suffolk Poetry Society presentation by Chairman, Ian Griffiths, in Walpole Old Chapel to celebrate the Dylan Thomas 100 centenary.
- Aldeburgh Poetry Festival, a workshop led by Karen McCarthy Woolf in the Red House, Aldeburgh.
- British Museum, 11 November, a presentation behind the scenes on Laurence Binyon.
- NT Wicken Fen, 'poetry workshop and cream tea' on the reserve, led by Poet in Residence, Dr Charles Bennett.
- A pair of workshops ('coast' and 'land') at Writers' Centre Norwich, led by Rebecca Goss and Esther Morgan.
- A day of poetry at Sutton Hoo: Dr Sam Newton on Beowulf.
- My Edward Thomas tribute poem, 'Literally, for this', in so too have the doves gone.
- Several poems in Reach Poetry, Indigo Dreams Publishing. I am delighted that Indigo Dreams Publishing editors, Ronnie Goodyer and Dawn Bauling, have just won the PoetryKit's prestigious Ted Slade Award.
- 'Starvation Point, Isle of Ulva' published in the 2014 Paragram anthology, Remember.
- Two poems published in Restless Bones, ed. Elaine Christie and Jacqui Rowe, in aid of the Born Free Foundation.
- One poem published in The Pre-Raphaelite Society's second anthology of poems (ed. Serena Trowbridge).
- Essex Book Festival - First Essex launch of so too have the doves gone.
- First Suffolk Poetry Festival - one of three poets representing the Poetry cafe at Arlington's.
- Winchester Poetry Festival - Hampshire launch of so too have the doves gone (and the chance to visit Steep).
- Overall Winner, Inaugural ZSL Poetry Competition on theme of 'conservation'.
- 'Elegy for Idris Davies': nomination by Quill and Parchment for the Pushcart Prize.
- Joint Second Place in the Metverse Muse (ed. Dr. H. Tulsi, Visakhapatnam) competition for formal poetry, category A.