Wednesday 21 July 2010

Competition Corner (6): Writelink Poetry

I was thrilled and delighted to gain Second Place in the latest Writelink poetry competition on the theme of 'Rivals'.

My poem is about the creatures on the Burges wallpaper at Knightshayes Court, a National Trust property near Tiverton.

I've been 'bumping along' for days with my dominant [left] arm in a sling following a fall on Skye - so this news really cheered me up. Incidentally, the form I used was the French Quatern. It was not a form I had tried before, but as many of you know, I love to experiment.

5 comments:

Matt Merritt said...

Congrats, Caroline! That's an interesting form, and not one I'd come across before.

Naquillity said...

i know all about those tiny moments in a day that lift your spirits... congrats on your second place. and, hope your arm is doing some better. have a great day.

steven said...

well done caroline!!!! steven

Crafty Green Poet said...

Congratulations Caroline!

Thanks for your comment on my blog, Good to read that you hope to post something for Organic Fortnight!

Hope your arm heals speedily

Marc Latham said...

Congratulations Caroline, and thanks for popping over to fmpoetry. Glad to see you're on the mend and back writing and blogging.